Helping You Make the Best Child Custody Decisions for You and Your Children

Call 434-845-2463. Lynchburg Family Law Attorney Marcy Jones will help you make the best child custody decisions, now and for your future. Should you ask for sole custody or joint custody? What co-parenting arrangements work best for you and your children? Can you and the other parent negotiate a fair, workable co-parenting agreement or will you have to return to court time after time to ask a judge to make decisions for you?


The decisions you make for co-parenting and child custody will have a huge impact on you and your children for years to come, perhaps the rest of your life. They can affect you, your relationship with your children, your financial stability, and your chances for success in co-parenting. Make those decisions with that long-term view in mind and consult with Attorney Marcy Jones.

Clients usually come to me confused about what the word “custody” means. A number of legal terms need to be understood in order for custody to make sense— like sole legal custody, joint legal custody, sole physical custody, primary physical custody, joint physical custody, etc. What happens is people sometimes get hung up on the terminology without really understanding it, and this lack of understanding can cause unnecessary problems. Once again, this is a place where the legal system has the effect of setting people up for failure. They hear these terms and become aligned with a certain “position” without really understanding the terms, which can make it harder to reach an agreement.

M. Marcy Jones J.D.. Graceful Divorce Solutions: A Comprehensive and Proactive Guide to Saving You Time, Money, and Your Sanity 

Marcy's goal is to help you make well-informed decisions about child custody, child support and other parenting issues that continue to be important after divorce.  It's much better to have the information and knowledge to make the right decisions the first time than to try to fix the wrong decisions later.

For more information, please call our office at 434-845-2463 or use our contact form to send us an email.